Best Professional Orthotics
At Better Backs, we provide professional orthotics from both our chiropractic clinics in Richmond and Mitcham.
The feet are the foundation of the entire body. Like a building’s foundation, if your feet are not level it can cause problems higher up in your body. So any fallen arches or misalignment in the feet can lead to back or neck pain, pain in the feet, legs, knees and hips, and cause long-term joint degeneration and muscle, tendon and ligament problems.
Having your feet assessed can be just as important as getting your spine assessed in terms of your overall musculoskeletal health and wellbeing. We use Foot Levellers 3D scanning to assess the balance and health of your feet. After assessing your feet, our team can prepare custom orthotics designed to provide the support, balance and alignment your body needs.
Do You Need Orthotics?
Orthotics are generally recommended as part of an overall treatment plan designed to address your specific symptoms or issues. Your chiropractor may recommend orthotics as part of a broader treatment for a range of reasons including:
- Correcting foot abnormalities
- Improving foot or ankle function
- Raising fallen arches
- Supporting weak or injured ankles
- Reducing risk of further injuries
- Stabilising balance
- Aligning posture
- Help with rehabilitation or injury recovery
If you think that orthotics may help with your condition, or you need an assessment for new orthotics, contact the team at Better Backs today. Our chiropractors and orthotics experts are ready to help.
Contact Us Today
At Better Backs, we are your trusted local chiropractors and orthotics experts. We offer a wide range of services including remedial massage, dry needling, personal training, low back treatment and more. With two clinics in Richmond and Mitcham, we service a broad area across Melbourne’s inner, eastern and south eastern suburbs including Blackburn, Ringwood, Nunawading, Vermont and other nearby areas.
To book a session or find out more, give us a call on (03) 9873 7373 or contact us online.
What are Foot Levelers? Orthotics.
Foot levelers is a company that has been manufacturing custom made orthotics called Spinal Stabilisers for more than 55 years. A special #D digital foot scanner is used to examine your feet. Each foot has three arches which can affect your posture, strength and joint wear. After your foot is scanned while you are standing, a color photo of your feet will show where the pressure travels through your feet. If there are areas of unusual pressure seen in your scans then Dr David Jones, Chiropractor will discuss and recommend exercises and or orthotics which will be custom made for your feet.
These orthotics are particularly useful for those with recurrent feet, knee, hip and low back problems but can be used by athletes for injury prevention and performance enhancement.
Orthotics can be made and worn for many types of foot wear not just runners. With ice skates, inline skates, football boots, high heels, snowboard boots, gumboots and work boots, thongs thats right we even have custom made orthotic thongs so there is never an excuse for being without the right type of support for your feet.
What is the advantage of Footlevelers Stabilisers over standard orthotics?
Footlevelers are different to a standard orthotic.
- Footlevelers Stabilisers provide support to all three arches of the foot, many others only to the medial arch.
- The combination of flexible, yet supportive and durable materials ensures that the Footlevers orthotics will both guide the feet when walking and provide support for long periods when standing.
- A variety of styles are available for all activity levels. Full length and dress length Stabilizers fit a wide variety of shoe style. We even have orthotics for high heel shoes, thongs and sandals.
- The flexible spinal Stabilizers encourage optimal muscle and nerve function by guiding feet through a more normal pattern with each step taken.
- 100% money back guarantee once worn in for at least 45 days.
Are they covered by health insurance?
- FootLevers orthotics are custom made and fitted to your shoes.
- Dr David Jones, chiropractor has trained in Advanced Spinal Stabilisation and is certified for fitting the orthotics.
These two mean that most private health insurers will give a benefit on Footlevers made orthotics but that depends on your individual health insurer and your level of cover.